Mike has been harassing me to go out without Tallan for a long, long time. Months and months ago, he suggested we go out for our anniversary dinner together "babyless". To get him off my back, I agreed thinking it was way in the future, but far too quickly the day had come. We were able to arrange babysitters (mike's uncle and cousin) a week after our anniversary so we could go for dinner. I was grumpy and anxious all day - not looking forward to leaving him at all, but keeping my promise, I tried to be a good sport when the babysitters arrived and held back the tears :(

They had a good time and Tallan even fell asleep. We were gone 2 hours, and as promised, Mike agreed not to "make" me leave Tallan behind again until I return to work. Phew. Pressure's off for now :) It's the four month count down until work and commuting to work takes over my life again...
On Wednesday, my good friend Shannon came over for a visit. I haven't seen her in atleast a couple of years. We've known each other since the fifth grade - gulp - that's 20 years! She is looking great as usual and was happy to see Tallan. In true Shannon spirit, she brought him a gift - his first potty :)

Tallan is definately mobile now, never sitting in one place for any amount of time. It is fun to see him so independent. His current favorite activity is chasing a plastic water bottle around the apartment. I was able to get a quick picture of him sitting on the couch, although he does not look too happy about it....

The floor is much more interesting - I almost dropped the camera as I tried to get a hold of our little explorer before he ran out of couch.

Mike set up the sofabed in the livingroom so that he could make a quick escape in case Tallan had another hard night and when Tallan found it in the morning, it was great fun exploring.
Don't worry, we didn't leave him out on the sofabed -- despite what the bed hair suggests.

Tallan has really loved his outdoor swing these past hot summer days. We're so glad we have it - thanks mom & Jenn! Even Kemba was trying to get in on the fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment