Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some Wedding Pics

A little blast from the past for those of you who didn't know us pre-baby. Mike and I were married on August 14, 2003 in southern california and held our reception and ring ceremony in Vancouver on August 24, 2003. We were so blessed to see family and friends come from afar to share in our special day. Our first dance was to "You Belong to Me" by Jason Wade and Mike sang "Amazed" by Lonestar to me. Our best man sang "The Man in Love with You". It was so wonderful to see some of my old friends again - and some relatives that I never thought would come, showed up! My good friend Leslie from Alberta, my good friend Alan from Utah, my best childhood friend, Shannon (we've been friends since we were 10 years old). I was touched by the kind words my friends shared - and the vows Mike wrote me brought me to tears. What a good man I married.

So - without further adieu, some pics from our reception over 5 years ago! These pictures were taken at Vandussen Gardens in Vancouver.


My girls :) Shannon (right) is my maid of honour. Selena (left) is one of my two bridesmaids. My other bridesmaid, Tuyet, didn't make it to the park for pictures because she was still doing her hair well into the afternoon - grrrr!
The wedding party. Mike's three best men: Scott, Trevor and Pete. My friend Alan is standing in for my Tuyet, although I'm sure his hair is less glamarous than hers would be after curling it all morning. To my right, Selena and Shannon.
Um, I think a bunch of apes or something crashed our picture session :) Left to right: Scott, Alan, Mike, Trevor, Pete. For some reason, the guys on the left of Mike think they are impersonating pirates, and Pete (on the far right) has very heavy arms. Mike is giving something a great big bear hug and Trevor is trying out his luck with a body builder's pose.

A little hide and seek fun - although, I'm not sure it's a good sign that he's hiding from me already...
At least he is easy to find!
Mike's mom, sister Jenn, and dad.

This is Mike's Nana. Amazingly, she is younger than my mom!

This is Mike's other grandma dancing with uncle Tony...

Mike's younger sister, Jenn...

Trevor, the best man sharing a story...

Mike's Nana made our wedding cake and brought it over from the island! It was delicious and drizzled with fresh fruit sauce.

No comments: