Thursday, September 11, 2008

The First Month

Tallan was already developing his own personality and we loved trying to capture it on camera. It was a rough first month being sleep deprived and trying to learn what it meant to be a parent. It took a while to get Tallan breastfeeding and it took a while to get used to sleeping in 1 - 2 hours increments. After the initial adrenaline rush of having this new baby in our lives wore off, I was getting very tired of not sleeping. Mike and I started being grumpier with each other at night. He missed a lot of school. We were so happy, but completely beat! People always say that your lives are changed forever after having a baby, but we had no idea what it meant until we struggled through those first few months.
Without further adieu, some January pictures :)
I swear he just came off from breastfeeding like that - completely unposed!

Oh those were the days when he just slept wherever he was...

Mike's favourite picture. I had it made into a mug for him to take to the office.

Blowing his first raspberry.

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but I love it!

Sugar sweet...

Getting to know mommy...Snuggling with daddy...

Exhausted after a long day of lying around and being cute.

No comments: