So, if you know Tallan, you know he loves animals. And since we are crazy parents, we decided to buy an annual pass to the Greater Vancouver Zoo in January. Yes, it's still cold in January. And rainy. But the zoo is mostly empty and we end up seeing more animals than we normally do in the busy summer time.
This is the smile we get when we ask Tallan to smile for a picture now -a-days. Oh boy.

This is not me standing behind Elisa.

One of Mike's fondest memories is special mornings filled with a waffle breakfast so we often save the waffle breakfasts at our house for special occasions like Daddy being home on a weekend :) Elisa sure loves Nana's jam.

We put the kids to bed one night and came up to find Tallan had gotten out of his bed, opened his door and used his potty (which is a huge break-through). Daddy discovered him, and immediately thought to grab a camera. Definately Pat's son :) Later I came up and discovered poop in the potty which Mike claimed he didn't notice but as you can clearly see in the picture - the evidence was there.

The moment we've been waiting for appears to have come to fruition. The two children we love most in the world have become good friends. No choke holds here. For now :)

And then March brought Jen's beautiful wedding. The weather was the best we could ask for a March day on the west coast. Everything was beautiful. And despite a short trip to the hospital, we had a great time! We have no good reason for not taking more pictures - we just didn't and when we came home, we were shocked to see we had taken so few! I guess we both assumed the other one took pictures. Well, anyway, enjoy these ones we have to share!







With the warmer weather we've been enjoying this month, I decided to take out the water table and fill it with warm water from the bathroom, suit the kids up in raingear and let them frolick in the backyard. It's been so long since they were able to do this, and now they can with even less supervision than they did last year.



Well...so I thought they didn't need that much supervision. Tallan still likes to climb into the water table....

And stand in the mud bath that our backyard becomes when it rains...

Ah well. It was a huge mess to clean up, but it was worth it. I had more fun than they did. I can't believe how much happiness having them has brought to my life.
2 comments:
Nancy, your children are sooooo cute - growing so fast. You and Mike look wonderful. Busy times when the tykes are young, for sure heh? It was such a crazy crazy time but oddly enough, I'd go back to that time in a heart beat. I loved it when school did not govern our life. Ha ha. Now I live for Pro-D days and summer holidays. Yippie, the countdown is on.
Nancy, you looked fabulous in that green dress on the wedding! Not sure what Mike is looking at in the pic but you look GREAT!
Post a Comment