Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tallan's Birthday

I have been so busy and time has really flown by! I looked back at our pictures and I realized I hadn't posted pics since November! So, I am trying to catch up! Here are pics from Tallan's birthday early this past December.

This is Joaquin again from preschool. He's the only other boy in Tallan's preschool class so needless to say, they stick together!


This is Zach and Tyler. The Friesens are friends from church and they used to live close by. It was so great to have older boys for Tallan to hang out with. They were such nice boys and clearly Tallan loved them! Actually, their dad, Scott, was the one who conducted our ring ceremony nearly 8 years ago! I guess we've known them a long time.

The play area at this McDonald's was very small, but it did include a tube slide and was a good space for a nice, small party. This pic includes Zach and Tyler again, as well as Jacob Keeler (his parents are awesome too), and my nephew Calvin who is about 7 months older than Tallan is.

This is Bianca (Joaquin's sister who is also in Tallan's preschool class), Kieran - who's mom is SUPER talented, and of course, Tallan.


He looks like he's wearing a pope hat here, but he's happy and it even appears he is blessing the food...or something. We were thrilled we were able to have so many friends join us; He was really looking forward to his birthday and it wouldn't have been the same without everyone there.

I guess we had our own congregation at the Sistine Chapel. It was so cute!



Thanks to Danielle, mom to Kieran, Charlie, and Bella, Tallan had an awesome Backyardigan's birthday cake! She made all those characters from gum paste - the first time she had ever used it. Man, I wish I was so talented! Tallan was so excited and it was definately the centre of attention at the party. AND, it was chocolate :)


We also spent some time making a gingerbread house with the children. They were more interested in eating the toppings than putting them on the cake, but it was fun anyway! We all had our own idea for how the house should be decorated - hence the unsemetrical design :P It wasn't pretty, but it was a start to a Christmas tradition we'll hopefully get better at. Like I said, thankfully Danielle made Tallan's birthday cake and not me!

No comments: