Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Balloony Tunes

Mike always asks why we waste money on toys and this is a good example of why we shouldn't! Tallan got a red balloon from the nursery teacher at church and he was busy playing with it all afternoon. Here he shares it with Elisa who also has a blast! It's so great to see them playing together. I hope we will see many, many, many years of this :)

Elisa's laugh is such a sweet sounding little cackle - and Tallan's squeals continue to make me smile. I love them both so very much. I love that Elisa laughs hardest when Tallan bops her in the face with the balloon. She's a real trouper - that's our tough little Ellie!

We really wanted to give you a special treat - a video of them playing together - but it will not upload and I can't seem to find a compatible program to run the video on. I am sorry - but here is a picture of the moment anyway. (The balloon is behind Elisa's head. Picture tons of laughter). Enjoy!


On rainy days when Tallan just wants to be outside and Elisa and I don't, I just LOVE our rec room. I can watch them both and stay warm and dry :)


Tallan doesn't quite understand the concept of standing and playing beside the water table yet; he insists on climbing into it like it's a pool on legs. He is also soaking wet every time he is done playing. I guess the muddy buddy is not "water-tight" - unfortunately not a scuba suit, my love.

The other wonderful thing my sweetheart did this month is empty a bowl of noodles onto his lap. Daddy thought Tallan could feed himself, but it appears he is not quite ready.


Yesterday morning we had shower doors installed in our bathrooms. Hooray - one more step towards completing our basement :) But we were told to leave the caulking to dry for 24 hours so that meant no bedtime bath. I convinced Mike (although it wasn't hard) that we should go to the pool after he got home from work and play around there and then use their shower to replace our bedtime bath routine. It was also an excuse for Elisa to put on her new bathing suit. So adorable!!


It's a halter top...tee hee :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this sweet swim suit. Look out Michael Phelps, this little lady is made for speed! :)