Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome Elisa Lien Blatchford

Hello everyone. I know, I know. You are all very upset that it's been so long since our last post and update. Work was busy, but staying at home has proven to be busier than I thought it would be. Plus, the "short naps" I take sure take a bite out of the day. Household chores seem to get passed from one day to the next. But alas, here is a post for you all.

We welcomed Elisa into our lives on Monday July 20, 2007 at 7:15am. She was 8 lbs 12 oz after less than 4 hours of labour from start to finish. Our neighbour Sara came over and watched Tallan while he slept as we hurried to the hospital around 6am. She also dropped Tallan off at daycare so that Mike could stay with me and Elisa at the hospital a little longer.

Just so I don't forget one day, I wanted to record that Tallan was born on Wednesday December 19, 2007 at 10:38am. He was 9 lbs 4 oz with labour also starting in the early morning around 3am. Total labour from start to finish -- about 7 hours. Although my body doesn't enjoy pregnancy, it sure is nice to me when it comes to labour and delivery!

So here we are at first meeting.

She looks similar to Tallan when he was born, but she has more delicate features, darker skin, and more asian-looking eyes. We'll see how she changes over time :)

Here's the picture Mike took of my placenta. Don't say we aren't sharing it all! You're lucky we didn't take a picture of the blood that poured down my legs and pooled in my shoes when I stood up for the first time after delivering Elisa.


Here's is little Elisa on the scale.

And having her first bath. Like her mommy, she appears to enjoy having her hair washed but isn't particularly fond of a full bath.



As soon as Mike made the call, Grandma, nana, and papa were over on the first ferry they could catch. Here Papa and Tallan take a stroll down the hall at the hospital. I hear they were real pals :)

We were allowed to go home the same day because the delivery was thankfully quite uneventful. It was nice to be able to sleep in my own bed :)

Although not their first meeting, Tallan introduces himself to Elisa. He was quite surprised to see we still had the baby the next day but he adores her and smothers her with kisses. What an unbelievable blessing he is - a perfect son and a wonderful big brother! We can't keep him away from her!

With Ellie being so little, I realize how big my little man is getting. He looks like a giant next to her!!

There is no audio in photos, but Tallan is saying, "Baba?" louder and louder because she isn't answering him :)

Just taking a breather in her brother's chair from all the activity.

Welcome our newest little gem...

No comments: