Monday, October 6, 2008

Gymboree

So I signed Tallan up for Gymboree. It's a fun & learning centre for children out in Coquitlam. A friend mentioned her little girl loved it and so I gave it a try. It's awesome...but a little hefty in fees. About $70 a month for a 45 minute class once a week. Included is some open gym time. Mike was excited about open gym so we picked him up from the skytrain after work and headed out there for some evening fun.

Tallan met a nice little boy named Joshua. Joshua is 18 months old and very shy. They had some fun on the teeter totter even though Josh was a little heavier than Tallan. In true Tallan fashion, he she shared his rubber, spikey ball with Josh.

With a little help from daddy, Tallan climbed some foam stairs up to this wodden bridge. It's walls are a perfect height for gripping and standing.

Here he is getting up on the bridge mostly by himself :)

Do I see hands-free standing???

"When I was a little boy, I had to climb stairs in the snow and crawl 40 miles to go to school in a farm house on the cold canadian plains..." There he goes telling stories again...

Tallan's new friend Joshua shares a baby hula hoop. Thanks, Josh, but I think it will be a while yet until Tallan does the hula. He's still getting the hang of letting things go once he gets a hold of it. It would be easier to crawl around without that ball in your hand, sweetheart...

Tallan has so much fun crawling through this colourful tunnel that mommy decides to join him :) What we don't have a picture of his daddy rolling this tunnel with mommy inside it! But don't worry - daddy got the appropriate thank you for his service :)


Fond of small places, Tallan decides to hide inside this round slide. It's like a cave! With balls loaded up on the stairs outside, it's a "hole" lot of fun.

Yum, yum. He sure enjoys his spikey ball.

He loves it so much, he goes a little heads over heels for it when it falls out of his hands...

No comments: