Near the end of September, we ventured to Whistler for a week while Mike was at a conference. It was nice not to lose Daddy for a week, but what an adventure! We originally booked a 2 bedroom suite so that we could watch movies or have a life once the children were down for the night but the hotel's strange 2 bedrooms suites were separated completely by a small hallway. That would mean Tallan and/or Elisa would be in a completely separate room from us and neither of us were comfortable with that! So...we downgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which meant goodbye private time/space for mommy and daddy. It was tough being in such a small space with both of them. Tallan, Elisa and I went for a walk around the village and to the library every day.
But Tallan and Daddy had a lot of fun spending almost every night in the pool & hot tub. Even Ellie and I joined them on occassion.



Nevertheless, we had long days without daddy. On one night, Mike had just left us for a late night assignment and I was alone once again with the children. I was taking care of Ellie who was crying (her usual evening antics) and as I was walking back and forth with her, I noticed chunks of cookies on the ground - Tallan was always crushing food we gave him and tossing it on the floor. I lightly kicked the big chunks of cookie out of the way...only something was wrong with the cookies. I leaned down to take a closer look. It wasn't chunks of cookie. And it wasn't smarties in the cookies I was seeing. That's right. It was chunks of pooh with corn in it. Tallan had managed to undo his diaper - rip it off, throw it on the ground and was now sitting with his naked bum on the hotel ottoman. There was a diaper sitting right beside the chunks - how could I have missed it? Atleast the poops were not squishy - it'd be hard to explain that to housekeeping. Not the funnest evening we had in Whistler...
On one of Mike's days at work, they were given the option of going on a Ziptrek adventure. Yes - he was going to go zipping along a rope suspended hundreds of feet off the ground. There was no talking my "uninsured" husband out of it so he went with a few of his colleagues.
Here's Mike all suited up with his harness.


And it's hard to see, but there he goes!

And a safe return..."thank goodness".

I had to admit the view looked like it was quite stunning.

But our days were much less adventurous and usually consisted of borrowing children's movies from the library and letting Tallan watch them on Daddy's laptop.

And a few moments of a cheerful, cooing baby :)

I also have to say, it was fantastic to have housekeeping clean up after us every day...even the dishes!!
On our way back, we stopped off at a lookout to feed both of our hungry little ones. Tallan liked the view so much, he tried to climb a little closer...

Elisa hates travelling in the car and cried for a large portion of our trip to Whistler and back. A big smile and sigh of relief for me as we are finally heading home! Yes, even fed, those are grumpy faces on our little angels.
No comments:
Post a Comment